I don’t know if two things could go better together but all hail the Warm Spicy Beer and Cheese Dip. This is a delicious dip to accompany your Superbowl feast or party. It can be made in no time and is great for dipping with vegetables or pretzels.
- ½ cup of dark beer (preferably a stout)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper or Monterey jack cheese
- ½ jalapeno, seeded and diced (Use ¼ less if too spicy)
- 2 tsp of chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Garnish: chopped green onions or parsley.
- In a large sauce pan combine beer, cheeses, chili powder, cayenne pepper and garlic powder and keep stirring on Medium heat until all cheese are smooth. Usually 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in diced jalapenos and cook for another 4 minutes. Keep stirring as to not burn the cheese.
- Remove from heat and pour into serving dish. Add diced up green onions or parsley for garnish.
- Serve warm with chopped up vegetables, crackers or pretzels!