We love this easy to prepare recipe. It is a great healthy meal or you can make it as appetizers for your next dinner party. Greek stuffed zucchini is comfort food at it’s healthiest. The ingredients are simple and easy to find at the grocery store, but they have the “wow” factor when you mix them all together. Make this dish when you are craving Mediterranean flavours at home. No one needs to know how easy the stuffed zucchini is to make.
• 1 package of Fontaine Family ground veal (454 g)
• 4 green zucchini, halved lengthwise
• 1 Tbsp. oil
• 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• juice of 1/2 lemon
• 1 Tbsp. oregano, chopped
• 1 tsp. thyme, chopped
• 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
• 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
• 3 Tbsp. Kalamata olives, chopped
• ground pepper (to taste)
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in 4
• 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 0F (180 0C)
- In a skillet over high heat, add 1 tbsp of oil and soften the onion with the diced pepper for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute. Add the ground veal and break it up into small pieces with a wooden spoon. Continue cooking for 5 minutes. Add the lemon juice, oregano, thyme, cinnamon and mix well. Add the feta cheese and olives, season with pepper and set aside.
- Cut zucchini lengthwise and with a small spoon, scoop out the flesh of the zucchini. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place zucchini on it. Fill zucchini with the veal mixture. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes
- Top zucchini with a few pieces of cherry tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil.