Nothing says Halloween quite like a caramel apple. Why not try a more adult-friendly version with this delicious caramel apple sangria? Kaitlin Victor, Director of Bar Operations for Chicago’s First Lady Cruises, suggests you brew up this Halloween concoction for grown up ghosts and goblins. It is simple to make and so delicious that you will be drinking it long after spooky season is over.
Caramel Apple Sangria Ingredients:
1 Litre bottle white wine (sauvignon blanc or pinot grigio recommended)
8 cups (1.9 litres) fresh apple cider
1 cup (8 oz) vodka (unflavoured or caramel)
4-5 apples, chopped
1/4 cup (60 mL) caramel syrup, plus enough for garnish
- Place chopped apples in bottom of pitcher. Then drizzle caramel syrup over apples liberally.
- Add in bottle of white wine, apple cider, vodka and stir well.
- Place pitcher in refrigerator and chill for at least four hours before serving.
- When ready to serve drizzle caramel sauce around the inside of the glass.
- Fill with sangria, along with some of the apples.
Keep checking back for more fall cocktail recipes!