There is nothing better than hot dogs at a ball game is there? Well, you are partly right. Watch the big game and enjoy Jennifer Crawford’s Turkey in a Blanket. They are an easy, more fun take on the ball park favourite. Turkey in a Blanket makes for a great winter snack – it’s the perfect comfort food.
Serves: 4 appetizers
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 12 mins
-8 turkey pepperoni sticks
-1/2 cup shredded medium cheddar cheese
– 1 can store-bought croissant dough
– 2 Tbsp poppy seeds
-4 Tbsp hot mustard
-4 Tbsp grainy mustard
-2 Tbsp mayo
-2 Tbsp Sriracha
- Unroll the croissant dough and cut into 8 triangles.
- Layer the shredded cheese over one end, and lay the pepperoni stick on top.
- Roll them up, making sure the end of the triangle is tucked under before baking.
- Sprinkle evenly with poppy seeds.
- Bake in a 375F oven for 13 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While baking, mix the sriracha and mayo together, and arrange your dips in bowls or on a plate.
- Serve hot out of the oven!
Feel free to try stuffing with other kinds of medium-hard cheese, topping with other seeds (such as sesame), and use whatever your favourite dipping sauces are!
Recipe courtesy of Think Turkey.