If you are serving a bunch of hungry people on Super Bowl Sunday, these Buffalo turkey wings are perfect. With just 15 minutes of prep time, there is no need to stress. It’s an easy recipe to add to if you are having more people over. Lisa Dawn Bolton’s created this take on the classic recipe. Enjoy it any time you are craving comfort food.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 90 mins
-4 Turkey Wings (split into wing and drum)
– 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or other high heat oil, such as canola oil)
– ½ cup butter
– 1 cup cayenne pepper hot sauce
– Sour cream, blue cheese or Ranch Dressing, for dipping (optional)
– Celery for garnish
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2) Remove wings from package, split into wing and drum portion. Brush a wire cooking rack with oil and place rack on a baking sheet (line the baking sheet with foil for easier clean up). Pour approximately half a cup of water onto the baking sheet. Dry the wings very well with paper towel and place wings on the wire rack careful not to have them touch. Cover the baking sheet with foil to create a bit of a tent. Bake for 1 hour. Remove tin foil and continuing baking until wings reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees (about another 30-45 minutes)
3) While wings are cooking, prepare Buffalo sauce. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and hot sauce together, stirring frequently until well combined.
4) When wings are done, baste or toss them in the hot sauce. Serve with cooling sides like celery and sour cream, ranch or blue cheese dip. Serve leftover hot sauce on the side.
Courtesy of Think Turkey