Super Bowl parties mean cooking up enough food to feed a crowd. It’s a long night, so you will need some mains along with the apps and chips. Ashley Fehr created this filling spin on Mac and Cheese. Adding turkey chili to the cheese-y dish will be a big hit with your football fans.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
-1 lb ground turkey
-1 medium onion finely diced
-2 tablespoons chili powder
-1 1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon minced garlic
-540 ml canned kidney beans, rinsed (19oz)
-1 3/4 cups tomato sauce
-3 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable or poultry broth
-3 cups whole grain macaroni, dry (340-375g)
-1/2 cup milk
-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1) In a large skillet, brown turkey (you may want to lightly grease the pan if your turkey is very lean) on medium-high heat.
2) Add onion, chili powder, salt and garlic and cook until onion is softened, about 4-5 minutes.
3) Stir in beans, tomato sauce, and broth and bring to a simmer.
4) Stir in dry macaroni. Bring back to a simmer, then cover and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, just until pasta is tender, stirring often.
5) Stir in milk and cheese (reserving a little for the top if you prefer). Serve.
Courtesy of Think Turkey