Easter is right around the corner and if you are looking for a tried and true main with a twist for two, we’ve got you covered! Pineapple Glazed Turkey Breast is the best of both worlds – the turkey dish you love with tropical flavours! The recipe, from Alaina Yvon-Moreau of Deliciously Nourished is easy to prepare with only ten minutes of prep. Pineapple Glazed Turkey Breast can be enjoyed any time of year and is the perfect combination of sweet and savoury.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
-1 lb boneless, skinless turkey breast
-¼ tsp sea salt
-¼ tsp black pepper
-½ tsp poultry seasoning
-4-5 thin slices of pineapple
-1 Tbsp whole dried cranberries
-¼ cup pineapple juice
– 2 Tbsp honey
-2 tsp Dijon mustard
-1 Tbsp tamari
-2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Place the turkey breast into a baking dish. Season with sea salt, black pepper and poultry seasoning. Place pineapple slices evenly over the turkey breast so that it is fully covered. Fill any remaining spaces on the turkey breast, including in the holes on the pineapple, with dried cranberries. Place in the oven to roast; set a timer for 20 minutes.
- While the turkey is roasting, make the glaze. Add the pineapple juice, honey, dijon mustard, tamari and coconut sugar to a small saucepan on medium-high heat. Use a whisk to combine and stir frequently to dissolve the coconut sugar while the mixture heats up. Once it reaches a simmer, turn the heat down to medium-low for about 5 minutes, or until the glaze reaches a syrup consistency. Once finished, remove from the heat and set aside.
- After 20 minutes, remove the turkey breast from the oven and use a pastry brush to spread about 2 tbsp of the glaze all over. Place the pan back in the oven to roast for another 15-20 minutes, or until the internal temperature on the turkey breast reaches 165F.
- Once the turkey breast is fully cooked, remove it from the oven and brush another 2 tbsp of the glaze over top. Place back in the oven and broil for 2-5 minutes, or until the pineapple begins to caramelize.
- Remove the turkey from the pan and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with extra pineapple slices and glaze on the side. Enjoy!
For even more flavour, make a separate batch of the glaze to marinate the turkey breast overnight. Add glaze ingredients to a bowl with the turkey breast and let it marinate for up to 24 hours in the fridge. Discard the marinade and make a new batch of the glaze for roasting.
Protein 57 g
Carbs 39 g (36 g sugar)
Fat 2 g
Sodium 1026 mg
Recipe courtesy of Think Turkey.