Do you have someone in your entourage who prefers cocktails to a good glass of wine? No worries, we recently discovered the Kim Crawford’s Chardonnay-a favorite of our editor in chef. We also got our hands on an easy cocktail recipe to make with this wine. With its soft and enveloping notes, no one will be able to resist this cocktail (or this classic white wine). Cheers!
Kim Crawford Unoaked Chardonnay, $19.95 at LCBO
Recipe for the Kim Spice Cocktail
- 4oz Kim Crawford Unoaked Chardonnay
- ½ Spice syrup* (cinnamon, clove and nutmeg)
- 2 oz of grapefruit juice
- ¾ lime juice
- 2 oz. sparkling water
- Mix grapefruit juice, wine, spice syrup and lime juice directly into a 12-oz. glass filled with ice cubes.
- Add sparkling water and decorate with a grapefruit zest.
Spice Syrup Directions:
- Boil a cup of water. Grind three cinnamon sticks, one nutmeg and three cloves in boiling water and allow 5 minutes to brew.
- Add a cup of sugar and let it cool. Filter and refrigerate.