Summer is officially here, and that means deck season is too. If you are looking for some different recipe ideas, Gabrielle Pellerin’s Teriyaki Hawaiian Turkey Breast Sandwich is perfect. It is sweet and savoury and oh so good. It brings a taste of Hawaii right to your backyard. Cook the turkey on your BBQ to add a hint of smokiness to the dish.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
1 turkey breast (about 500g)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 can (398ml) of diced or crushed pineapple, drained
1 can (199ml) of corn kernels, drained
1 small bunch of parsley, chopped
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced or chopped
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup teriyaki sauce, store bought
4 burger buns
4 grilled red bell peppers in oil, store bought
1 head of romaine lettuce, torn into big pieces
1) Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium high heat.
2) Add salt and pepper to the turkey breast. Cook the for turkey 5-6 minutes on one side.
3) Turn the turkey, reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 18-20 minutes until the turkey is cooked through. 165 degrees
4) Remove from the pan, cover, let sit for about 5-8 minutes before slicing.
5) Mix the diced pineapple with the corn, parsley, red onion, lime juice, a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper.
6) Mix the mayonnaise with the teriyaki sauce. Heat the burger buns in the oven or in the toaster.
7) Garnish with the teriyaki mayonnaise, some slices of turkey, the pineapple salsa, bell pepper and pieces of lettuce.
Protein – 40g
Carbs – 63g
Fat – 17g
Sodium – 1782mg
In Partnership With: