For as long as I can remember, watermelon has been a staple of my summers. The best way to choose the perfect watermelon? Make sure that is doesn’t have any blemishes or soft spots. It should also be symmetrical and heavy for its size. This salad is fresh and cooling on hot summer days. It is easy to make and a great dish to for your next BBQ or picnic. I like to sprinkle hemp hearts on top as well. They give the salad a nice nutty taste and are packed with healthy fats!
- 1 medium watermelon cubed
- ¾ cup chopped feta
- 10 mint leaves chopped finely
- 10 basil leaves chopped finely
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- A pinch of salt
- Optional: Sprinkle hemp hearts on top
- Cut the watermelon into small cubes. Place into large bowl
- Cut the feta into small cubes. Put into bowl.
- Chop up all the basil and mint and sprinkle in the bowl. Mix together.
- In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, honey and
- Mix dressing onto watermelon salad. Sprinkle with hemp hearts and serve.
- The salad can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days.