If you are looking for the best burger recipe just in time for Father’s Day, we’ve got you covered! Former Iron Chef contestant, and Toronto-based Beast Restaurant owner Scott Vivian, created a burger that Dad and the whole family will love. The Ultimate Maple Whiskey Beast Burger has two secret ingredients. The hero of the burger is ground turkey. The sweet and smokey flavour is courtesy of Kinsip Maple Whisky from Toronto’s most loved micro-distilleries, Kinsip Fine Spirits. Once you try this recipe, this burger will be your go-to for long weekends or whenever you have a craving.
Prep time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: 10 mins
-.5 lbs ground turkey
-salt and pepper, to taste
-2 tbsp vegetable oil
-1 tbsp mayonnaise
-2 tsp Kinsip maple whisky
-2 slices cheddar cheese
-1 potato roll
-2 tbsp caramelized onions
-1 tbsp ballpark mustard
-1/4 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- Divide ground turkey into two balls and form into patties. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat large pan on medium high heat. Add vegetable oil.
- While pan is heating up, mix mayonnaise and maple whiskey in a small bowl. Set aside.
- When pan is hot, carefully place turkey patties in pan away from yourself. Brown patties on first side, around 4-5 minutes. Once browned, flip patties, add slices of cheese, and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off heat and allow turkey patties to finish cooking and cheese to melt.
- Now, to build your turkey burger! Place bottom potato roll on cutting board. Spread caramelized onions evenly on bottom bun. Drizzle desired amount of ballpark mustard on top of caramelized onions. Place first turkey patty on top of ballpark mustard. Next, place second turkey patty on top. Then, garnish the top turkey patty with shredded lettuce. Lastly, spread maple whiskey mayonnaise on top bun and place on shredded lettuce.
- Enjoy this juicy, delicious burger. You might want to make another one for later!
In partnership with: