Celebrity Chef Lynn Crawford has dreamed up three unique turkey recipes to inspire this year’s dinner spread, each with their own unique twist on the classic Thanksgiving feast. Ras El Hanout Spiced Turkey with Minted Pomegranate Yogurt brings international flavours to the table, making Thanksgiving dinner a whole new experience. It is the perfect main if you are hosting a smaller dinner. You can enjoy this delicious dish year-round! Keep checking back for more delicious recipes from Lynn Crawford and for Thanksgiving turkey tricks and tips, visit ThinkTurkey.ca.
Prep time: 3 hours to overnight (for marination)
Cooking Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
2 boneless turkey breasts, with skin on, about 1 pound each
½ cup olive oil
1 Tbsp garlic, peeled and finely chopped
2 Tbsp anchovies, finely chopped (optional)
1 Tbsp lemon puree or 1 Tbsp lemon zest
1 Tbsp capers, chopped
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp Ras el Hanout spice
1 Tbsp rosemary, chopped
1 Tbsp thyme, chopped
2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp pomegranate molasses
Minted Pomegranate Yogurt:
(Whisk all ingredients in a large bowl)
1 cup Greek yogurt
2 tsp pomegranate molasses
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp orange zest
2 Tbsp orange juice
1 tsp Ras el Hanout spice
2 Tbsp chopped mint
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, anchovies, lemon, capers, mustard herbs, and spices together to form a loose paste.
- Rub the turkey on both sides and inside where the bone was removed with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate overnight, for maximum flavour, or at least 3 hours.
- Turn the oven on to 400°F.
- To cook the turkey, remove from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for about an hour. Season the turkey with salt and pepper, then lay the turkey, on a rack, in a large roasting pan. Place turkey in the oven and roast for 15 minutes, then lower heat to 350°F. Continue to roast turkey until thermometer inserted into thickest part registers to 165°F about 1 hour. Transfer turkey to platter and let rest for 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup pomegranate seeds, salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve with minted pomegranate yogurt.
Protein 28 g
Carbs 11 g
Fat 22 g
Sodium 399 mg
In Partnership With: