These double almond chocolate chip cookies are delicious and gluten-free. Developed by Elana Amsterdam, author of “The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook” – you will never miss the flour. Easy to make and even easier to eat, enjoy for dessert, or use as a post workout snack to boost your energy.
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 baking soda
1/2 cup grapseed oil
1/2 cup agave nectar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, combine grapeseed oil, agave and vanilla. Add to the almond flour mixture and mix until thoroughly combined. Fold in chocolate chips and almonds.
- Spoon dough one heaping tablespoon at a time onto baking sheet, and press down to flatten.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes, until lightly golden. Cool cookies on the baking sheets for 20 minutes, then serve.
Calories 132; Fat 12 g; Sat Fat 1.5 g; Mono Fat 5 g; Poly Fat 5 g; Protein 3 g; Carb 6 g; Fiber 2 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 76 mg; Calcium 33 mg; Potassium 100 mg; Vitamin E 4.5 mg
*Recipe courtesy of Almond Board of California.