If you want to feel like you are out at your favourite restaurant from the comfort of your own home, Xiao Wang’s recipe for Turkey Cheese Dip will hit the spot. Serve it for your family for the big game, for the holidays or anytime you are having a craving. The prep time for Turkey Cheese Dip is minimal, but the taste is restaurant quality. The turkey bacon and turkey kielbasa add a lot of flavour to the appetizer.
Prep time: 5mins
Cooking Time: 120mins
- 5 strips of turkey bacon
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 125 grams turkey kielbasa, diced
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2-3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the turkey bacon following the instructions on the packaging until crisp.
- While turkey bacon is cooking, dice the onion and turkey sausage into small 1/2 cm cubes. Dice Velveeta cheese into 2 cm inch cubes.
- In a pan, sauté the onions and turkey kielbasa together until onions are softened.
- Add cooked onions, turkey kielbasa, Velveeta cheese, milk, smoked paprika, chili powder, garlic powder and ground cumin into a slow cooker and set to low for 2hrs or high for 1 hour. Stir occasionally.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, salt and pepper to taste and chopped turkey bacon. Serve with unsalted corn chips.
Several of the ingredients in the recipe have salt already added, additional salt may not be needed.
Recipe courtesy of Think Turkey.