Summer squash tastes great when it is grilled or roasted in the oven. This recipe for roasted zucchini with almonds an olives is perfect as a side dish for your summer guests.
- 3 small zucchini, sliced thin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons green olives, chopped roughly
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped roughly
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped roughly
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Using a vegetable peeler, slice zucchini lengthwise into long, thin strips and put in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add salt and allow zucchini to sit for 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients and toss lightly.
- Arrange in a single layer in an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve as a side dish or atop pasta with marinara sauce. Top with fresh basil.
*Recipe courtesy of California Almonds