Crostini are ideal for backyard summer hangouts! You can prep the tomatoes and grill the baguette ahead of time, then toss the shrimp on the grill once everyone is ready to start snacking. Enjoy!
- 1 cup (250 mL) PC Axiany Cherry Tomatoes (about half 255 g pkg), chopped
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil, plus additional for oiling the grill
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh basil
- Pinch (0.5 mL) salt
- Half baguette, sliced diagonally into 1/4-inch/5 mm thick rounds (12 to 15 slices)
- 1 pkg (340 g) frozen PC Garlic & Herb Grilling Raw Butterflied Shrimp
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)PC Pesto
- Stir together tomatoes, 1 tbsp oil, basil and salt in small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Brush both sides of baguette slices with remaining 1 tbsp oil, dividing evenly. Arrange in single layer on grill. Cook, turning once until grill-marked, about 4 minutes. Transfer to large plate. Set aside.
- Brush grill with oil. Arrange frozen shrimp, shell side down in single layer on grill. Close lid and cook over medium heat, turning halfway through cooking time until opaque throughout and shells are pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to separate large plate; remove and discard shells.
- Spread pesto over top of baguette, dividing evenly. Top with shrimp and tomato mixture, dividing evenly.
Our Tip: No barbecue? Arrange baguette slices in a single layer on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil; bake in 400°F (200°C) oven, flipping baguette once until crispy and light golden, about 6 minutes. Set aside. Arrange shrimp, shell side down in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; bake in 450°F (230°C) oven until opaque throughout and shells are pink, 10 to 12 minutes.