Looking to impress guests at your next dinner party? These gorgeous Rainbow Vegetable Spring Rolls not only look stunning, but taste great. They are light, packed with healthy vegetables, and the perfect appetizer for lunch or dinner. The best part? They don’t even need to be cooked. Just dip into the creamy peanut butter dipping sauce and you will be hooked!
- 12 large rice paper wrappers
- 12 Boston lettuce leaves
- 2 small carrots, grated or julienned (cut into short, thin strips)
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper, sliced thinly
- ½ cup cucumber, julienned
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage, julienned
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, julienned
- 1 avocado diced
- 3 basil leaves, chopped finely
- 3 mint leaves, chopped finely
Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy)
- 2 tsp of tamari
- 1 garlic cloved, crushed
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- ½ tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce or hot sauce of choice (for spice)
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1-2 tbsp hot water to thin out sauce
Optional Topping: Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds
- Place 1 rice paper wrapper in a bowl of warm water for 10 seconds until it softens up.
- Remove wrapper from water and lay flat on cutting board. Add in the avocado on top middle section. Then add in the lettuce. (Option to add in fruit as well, including raspberries, mangos or kiwi fruit).
- Add in all the remaining veggies, carrots, peppers, cabbage, cucumber, bean sprouts, green onions, basil and mint. Careful not to overstuff the roll.
- Roll the bottom section up and tuck in the sides on top of the bottom part. Tuck in the top section under neath. Make sure the roll is tight.
- Repeat with remaining wrappers. It should make 12 rolls. Place room temperature damp cloth over top of rolls so they do not stick together.
- For the peanut sauce, whisk together peanut butter, tamari, garlic, hoisin sauce, ginger, maple syrup, chili garlic sauce and lime. Mix in hot water to thin out if too thick.
- Before serving, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and ENJOY!