Butter boards are the latest craze but if you are looking for something richer and creamier for the holidays, why not try a Harvest Cheese Board? Maria Koutsogiannis from Food By Maria created this dreamy recipe and shared it with us just in time for holiday entertaining. Cream cheese, like Tre Stelle Original Cream Cheese, is more versatile than butter. You can create an endless number of sweet or savoury combinations. The cream cheese board will look so impressive, no one needs to know how easy that it was to create.
And now, for the Harvest Cheese Board recipe:
● 200 g plain cream cheese, softened
● 1 apple, chopped
● 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
● 1/2 cup chopped pecans
● 2 tbsp capers
● 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
● salt and pepper
● 2 tbsp maple syrup
● olive oil for drizzling
● zest from one orange
● fresh bread, torn in pieces
1. On a clean serving platter or cutting board, spread the softened cream cheese, making little
swirls as you spread.
2. Start by layering the chopped apple (use half to a full apple depending on how much apple
you prefer), followed by the red onion and pecans, sort of filling in the space as you go. Then
sprinkle on the capers, chili flakes, a pinch of salt and pepper. Finally finish with the maple
syrup, a drizzle of olive oil and zest the orange over the board.
3. Serve with fresh bread, torn into pieces for a rustic look.