These Breakfast Turkey & Egg Croissants will kick your weekend off right! Yes, we know that they are labeled as a breakfast dish, but they are AMAZING for brunch. Michelle Wong created a protein-packed meal that is whimsical and something that you do not often see on your brunch plate. Honestly, these are so good, why restrict yourself to brunch? Be a rebel and enjoy Breakfast Turkey and Egg Croissants at dinner too!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Protein – 26g
Carbs – 32 g
Fat – 29g
Sodium 1211 mg
-4 store-bought croissants (day-old is best)
-4 tsp Dijon mustard
-8 slices roasted turkey deli meat (2 per croissant)
-4 tbsp caramelized onions
-4 slices cheese (Michele Wong used Havarti)
-1/4 tsp ground pepper
-1/2 tsp chopped rosemary
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Cut the croissant across 1/3rd from the top. Place the “tops” aside.
3) Create a well in the croissant by slightly cutting the inside of the croissant and push down.
4) Smear 1 tsp of Dijon mustard in the well.
5) Stuff in the roasted turkey deli meat.
6) Add 1 tbsp of caramelized onions on top of the turkey.
7) Place the cheese over top.
8) Create a little nook for the egg by pushing down on the cheese.
9) Crack an egg into the nook (depending on how large your eggs are, you may need to remove some egg white or it may overflow).
10) Place the croissant onto a baking sheet.
11) Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
12) Place into the oven and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes, until the egg is just set. Remove, sprinkle with ground pepper and chopped rosemary and serve warm (with or without the tops).