Vegetarian mini burgers anyone? We love this easy recipe provided by Vitamix, perfect as appetizers or for hockey night at home.
For the sliders:
- ½ head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 whole wheat slider buns
- ½ cup (20 g) fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Slice cauliflower into 1-inch (2.5-cm) thick florets.
- Place cauliflower onto baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- To assemble, place cauliflower on a toasted bun and pour 1 tablespoon of sauce over cauliflower, garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately.
For the sauce:
- 1 cup (240 ml) hot sauce
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 1 cup (225 g) unsalted butter, softened
- Place sauce ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 7 minutes, or until heavy steam escapes through the vented lid.
For a spicier hot sauce, switch to a hotter brand of sauce or sprinkle a little cayenne pepper into the sauce. Use your favorite pickled vegetable mix on top of the sandwich to add more flavor. Refrigerate leftover hot sauce for later use, or add to ranch dressing to make a Buffalo ranch dip. Use a vegan butter substitute in the sauce to create the same delicious flavor with less fat and cholesterol.