We are all looking for ways to eat healthier without compromising flavour. Roasted veggies are always delicious. They are a healthy side dish and will help you to keep your eating on track. Fall is when vegetables like brussels sprouts, beets and rainbow carrots are in season. Switch up your roasted veggies so that you are eating what is in season. It is a great way to use up your vegetables and clean out your refrigerator too.
The secret ingredient for this side dish is Puro Pura’s Extra Virgin Açaí Oil. The only ingredient is açai oil. It is a simple, healthy compliment to the fresh vegetables. Serve this side dish with anything from beef to poultry. The light taste also pairs well with fish too.
And now for the recipe:
- 4-5 brussels sprouts
- 4-5 assorted rainbow carrots
- 2 red beets
- 2 small red onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 fresh rosemary stalks
- Puro Pura Açai Oil
- Preheat the oven to 375F degrees.
- Cover beets with açai oil and wrap in foil. Place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- In a roasting pan, place a sheet of parchment paper. Chop up brussels sprouts, carrots, and red onions and add to the roasting pan. Add peeled garlic cloves and rosemary, top with approximately 2 tbsps of açai oil. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove rosemary stalks from the roasting pan, combine vegetables and serve.
Keep checking back for more Secret Ingredient recipes and to learn more about the benefits of açaí oil, visit puropura.com.