Not sure what to do with your pumpkin after Halloween? Try this almond crusted pumpkin cheese pie recipe – it’s a delicious take on cheese cake. It’s a delicious fall recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spread almonds in a single layer on cookie sheet and toast 12 to 15 minutes in preheating oven until lightly browned. Cool; chop coarsely.
- Place a generous half cup of almonds in food processor bowl with sugar. Use metal blade and process until very finely chopped.
- Pour into a large bowl; add gingersnap crumbs and mix. Pour in the butter and stir well to combine.
- Press into bottom and side of a 10-inch pie plate to form a crust.
- Bake 10 minutes; set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar with orange peel until well blended. Beat in sour cream and the eggs, one at a time, until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice until well blended.
- Place pie shell on a cookie sheet; pour pumpkin cheese mixture into crust.
- Bake in the middle of the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until filling is set.
- Let cool on a rack. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Top with sweetened whipped cream and remaining chopped almonds to serve.
This recipe was provided by the Almond Board of California.