Life really should be more like peaches and cream. In other words they are a beautiful marriage of ingredients that taste too good to be true. My easy Summer Peach Crisp is filled with fresh, juicy peaches and a yummy crisp topping. Just don’t forget the ice-cream! This recipe is so versatile that you can even substitute other fruit depending on what is in season. You can use canned fruit if you do not have access to fresh produce. I often eat the crispy topping before it even makes it on the peach filling. This is the ultimate summer dessert. Enjoy!
For the Topping
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup quick rolled oats
- ¼ cup almond slices, roughly chopped
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter cut into cubes
For the Filling
- 6-7 sliced medium ripe peaches (approximately 5 cups) You can substitute with other fruit as well such as strawberries, cherries, apples etc.
- ¼ cup of gluten free flour (I love using Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Flour)
- 1/3 cup of coconut palm sugar (granulated sugar works too)
- 1 ½ tsp arrowroot powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Add sliced peaches to bowl.
- Add in coconut sugar and flour, mix together. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Add in arrowroot powder, vanilla and lemon juice then mix together. Set aside peaches in a 9” baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the topping. Combine all topping ingredients together. Mix butter in last with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F degrees . Add the crumble topping to the peaches and put into the oven. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the topping is lightly golden brown. Be Ccareful not to burn.
- Remove from oven and let it cool slightly before serving.
- Serve into bowls with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream on top and enjoy!