Trail mix is a simple snack to create and it takes less than five minutes to do. The best part about making your own trail mix is that you can customize the flavours. If you don’t like one dried fruit, you can easily swap it out for something that you prefer. You can make a different version every single time. Dried fruit will always be a base ingredient. They are a great snack for a hike or just for the mid-afternoon munchies.
Makes 2 ½ cups (625 mL)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup (125mL) chopped prunes or raisins or dried apple rings
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mixed dried fruit (banana chips, cranberries, chopped apricots)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped dark chocolate or peanut butter chips
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and store in an air tight container until ready to serve.