If sliders are you go-to for game day or summer entertaining, you will love this recipe. These little burgers have a little kick thanks to hot sauce. They are easy to prepare same day. To make a vegetarian version, use vegetarian or vegan ground round, following the instructions on the package.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/4 lbs (625 g) ground beef, (80/20)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Organic Smoked Paprika
- 3 tbsps (45 ml) canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups sliced Spanish onions
- 2 tbsps (30 ml) water
- 2 tbsps (30 ml) Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Hot Sauce
- 1/2 pkg fluffy pull-apart dinner rolls, (6 rolls)
- 6 slices Cheddar cheese
- 12 slices Roma tomatoes
- 18 sweet pickle chips
- 3 tbsps (45 ml) honey mustard
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Place meat in large bowl. Add salt, garlic powder and smoked paprika. Mix well and shape into 6 slider patties. Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Heat oil in stainless steel pan on medium-high heat. Add onions; toss to separate. Cook without moving the pan 5 minutes. Stir and sauté 5 minutes longer. Stir in water; reduce heat to low. Add RedHot Sauce and simmer 8 minutes. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Heat a lightly greased cast iron skillet on high heat. Place slider patties in skillet. Cook 3 minutes per side. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, remove 6 rolls from package but do not separate. Cut rolls in half horizontally. Place both top and bottom half, cut side up, on shallow baking pan. Layer with cheese. Bake 5 minutes or just until cheese is melted.
- Place one burger on each bottom bun. Top with tomatoes, pickles, RedHot Onions and honey mustard. Replace cheesy top buns. Pull apart to serve.