Purchasing and installing new patio doors might be challenging for many Edmonton homeowners. Your new unit should complement your home design, be energy-efficient and reasonably priced. Moreover, it is vital to install your new patio doors correctly and according to local law.
Don’t know where to start and how to purchase the best units? Neither did we. So our team has conducted market research, contacted local specialists from Ecoline, and asked all the questions regarding picking the best patio doors in Edmonton. Want to know everything in detail? Keep reading!
Where will your new patio doors be best installed?
Patio doors usually come with a huge glass area to enjoy the great views outside. Taking this into account, Edmonton homeowners usually install patio doors as an entry unit for the backyard or garden to enjoy the unobstructed outside view. There are a significant number of benefits that come with new patio doors:
- Optimal ventilation. Many Edmontonians love fresh air coming to their space, and with new patio units, enhanced air circulation is the number one benefit you get.
- Increased amount of daylight. Thanks to the huge glass area, homeowners enjoy increased sunlight within their rooms.
- Increased home value. New patio doors, just like new windows, significantly add to the final price of your property, so if you are about to sell your house, you can expect a great ROI.
Sliding glass patio doors or French doors – what to go with?
There are many popular patio units types, but sliding glass doors and French doors are the most well-known and popular. Edmonton homeowners adore both patio types, so there is no definite answer to what is better. Instead, you need to consider your preferences and your goals when installing new patio doors.
Go with the sliding glass patio doors if:
- You want to save some space. Because sliding doors glide along the track left or right, you will save additional space, eliminating the in or outward opening, as is the case with French doors.
- You are on a budget. French doors are usually more expensive.
- You are after modern patio doors that will complement any home design.
French doors are your go-to option in case you need:
- Classic and elegant units that will fit your traditional interior/exterior
- Exceptional ventilation. French doors are wide open, providing you with a lot of fresh air and wide entry.
Patio Doors in Edmonton – Prices
When it comes to prices, patio doors, no matter the style and design, are an expensive home upgrade. Edmonton homeowners should treat getting new doors as a long-term investment in house value, comfort and peace of mind. The final price depends on options such as glazing, frame, hardware, painting, etc. The table below represents the price range for patio doors for the different locations within your house.
|Bedroom||$1747 – $2882|
|Dining room||$1600 – $3879|
|Family room||$1631 – $3032|
|Kitchen||$1681 – $2862|
|Living room||$1640 – $4427|
|Master bedroom||$1568 – $3437|
|Nook||$1395 – $3083|
We hope this post helps you find some answers to your concerns and pick the right patio doors within your budget. Last but not least, we want to share the perfect installation for your new units. Keep in mind that even the best product will be inefficient if installed poorly. When dealing with your preferred door company, make sure:
- They follow CSA guidelines and Edmonton local building codes
- Installers are experienced, skilled and have a spotless reputation
- You buy and install only Energy Star-rated and NAFS-11 tested units
- Ask as many questions as possible to learn everything in detail before signing a contract