These easy and delicious quinoa squares are the perfect afternoon snack!
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dates, pits removed
- 4 cups puffed quinoa cereal
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- Heat the almond butter and vanilla extract in a medium saucepan over medium heat to slowly melt the almond butter.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, pulse the dates with 1/4 cup water until they form a syrup. Add this mixture to the saucepan and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, add the puffed quinoa cereal and the almond butter mixture and stir to combine. Stir in the slivered almonds, chocolate chips and coconut if using.
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper. Pack the mixture evenly into the pan and place in the fridge for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove the bars from the fridge and cut into 9 pieces, cutting squares 3 by 3.
- Wrap or keep in airtight containers for up to 5 days (if they don’t all get eaten before then!).
Recipe by Christy Brissette
Photo credit: Almond Board of California