This delicious vegan treat is for everyone to enjoy! Plus, it’s healthy! We used our Vitamix to create this torte, which made preparation for this dessert so much quicker. Try it for yourself!
- 3½ cup (350 g) hazelnuts, divided
- ½ cup + 1 Tablespoon (120 millilitres + 1 Tablespoon) coconut oil, divided use
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup (135 g) dried dates, pitted and halved
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- ½ cup (120 ml) agave nectar
- 5 avocados, peeled, pitted, divided use
- 1 cup (100 g) cocoa powder
- 3 Tablespoons goji berries, ground
- Place half of the hazelnuts into the Vitamix 1.2-litre container and secure lid.
- Turn the dial to Pulse and quickly release. Continue to Pulse 8 to 12 more times, using tamper to press ingredients into the blades. Repeat with second half of the nuts. Remove and place in a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and salt to the ground nuts in the bowl. Mix to incorporate. Press into a spring form pan.
- Place 120 ml coconut oil, dates, vanilla bean and agave into the Vitamix 1.2-litre container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Turn the dial to 1 and slowly increase speed to 10. Blend for 25 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. Remove and place in a bowl.
- Place 2½ avocados in the Vitamix 1.2-litre container and secure lid.
- Turn the dial to 1 and slowly increase speed to 10. Blend for 30 seconds. Add to the bowl with the date mixture. Repeat the process for the second ½ of the avocados.
- Add the cocoa powder and goji berries to the bowl with the avocado and date mixture. Mix to incorporate.
- Spoon mix over top of the hazelnut crust, wrap in plastic, and place in refrigerator overnight to set.
- Slice torte just before serving.