Falafel kebabs are perfect as a light lunch, appetizer or even snack! We love the Middle Eastern flavours and how easy they are to prepare. If you don’t have all of the ingredients, play around. For example, you can use cilantro instead of dill or you can replace the tomato with red pepper. Shop your fridge – remember, you can cook to taste, but baking is more exact. Enjoy this on your next Meatless Monday!
Serving: 16 kebabs
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
1 pkg Yves Falafel Balls
2 baby cucumber
16 cherry tomatoes
4 dill pickles, cut into 4 pieces each
16 fancy toothpicks
Tahini Dipping sauce
¼ cup (60 mL) tahini
½ cup (125 mL) plain kefir
2tbsp. (30 mL) lemon juice
1 tsp. (5 mL) lemon zest
¼ cup (60 mL) chopped fresh dill
Salt to taste
- Prepare falafel according to package directions.
- Peel cucumbers lengthwise into long ribbons; set aside.
- Tahini dipping sauce: In a small bowl mix together tahini, kefir, lemon juice, lemon zest, dill and salt; set aside.
- Gently skewer 1 falafel on the toothpick and push to the top of the toothpick. Follow falafel with 1-2 cucumber ribbons, followed with one cherry tomato and one pickle round. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Arrange skewers onto a serving platter and serve with dipping sauce!
Tip: To make this recipe vegan – Replace cow’s milk kefir with a coconut milk kefir.