The Old Fashioned is a classic cocktail. Adding orange and thyme makes it feel brand new. This is another winning recipe courtesy of Kaitlin Victor, Director of Bar Operations for Chicago’s First Lady Cruises. Enjoy this as a adult beverage on Halloween or anytime of the year.
2 oz (60 mL) Bourbon (of your choice)
0.5 oz (15 mL) Orange Thyme Simple Syrup*
Dash of Angostura Bitters
- Place bourbon, Orange Thyme Simple Syrup and Angostura bitters in a cocktail shaker; top with ice.
- Shake vigorously for 10-20 seconds.
- Strain into glass with large round or square ice cube.
- Serve with a strip of orange zest and a thyme sprig.
Orange Thyme Simple Syrup Ingredients:
4 strips orange zest
3 sprigs thyme
1 cup (200 g) sugar
1 cup (8 oz) water
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Simmer until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool; then strain.
Keep checking back for more fall cocktail recipes!