Chicken is an easy go-to menu item. There are so many tasty recipes out there, but this one is special. It is the perfect recipe for summer with zesty lemon, fragrant cilantro or mint, spicy chile pepper and of course Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise to add a little zip and keep your chicken moist. We love how easy this is to make.
Makes 2 servings
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh cilantro leaves or mint leaves *
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Grated peel and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small red chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 8 oz. / 225 g)
- Combine Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise, cilantro, garlic, lemon peel and juice, chile pepper and black pepper in medium bowl. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 1 to 3 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Grill chicken, turning once, until thoroughly cooked.
*Try using a combo
**Variation: For Chicken Kabobs, cut chicken into 1-1/2-inch (4 cm) cubes before marinating. After marinating, alternately thread chicken, yellow bell pepper chunks and thinly sliced zucchini on wooden skewers. Grill, turning occasionally, until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
For more great recipes, check out Hellmann’s website.