If you are a veggie burger lover and want to know exactly what is going into your food, then this is the recipe for you! With only 20 minutes of prep-time required and another 10 minutes to cook, this fast and delicious recipe from our friends at Hellmann’s will become a favourite. Burgers aren’t just summer food; when they taste this good, you’ll want to eat them year round.
- 1 can (540 mL) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked, cooled quinoa
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Hellmann’s® Organic™ Spicy Chipotle Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped red onion
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns
- Mash black beans in large bowl. Stir in quinoa, cheese, Hellmann’s® Organic™ Spicy Chipotle Mayonnaise, bread crumbs, carrot, onion, cilantro and salt.
- Shape into 8 patties (about 1/2 cup or 125 mL each). (If needed, add a tablespoon or so more bread crumbs to help hold them together). Spray nonstick skillet with no-stick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add burgers and cook, turning once, until golden brown and heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Top, if desired, with additional Mayonnaise and serve on whole wheat buns.