Did you ever notice that we seem to look our best in the summer? We all have our beauty routines down to a science when the weather is warmer. We spend more time outdoors, and generally speaking, we even look happier. The weather may be getting cooler, but that does not mean that we have to stop taking care of ourselves and abandon the routines that help us look and feel our best. Here are our top five health and beauty routines that you should maintain year-round:
- Exercise: Do not abandon your summer exercise routine! Exercise will help you look and feel better not matter what the season. If you are a runner, why not buy yourself a cute running jacket or vest in one of the fall’s hottest colours like Ultra Violet or Nebulas Blue? If you like more muted colours, Quiet Gray is also on-trend. If running is not your thing, why not treat yourself to a new work out ensemble anyway and try a new class at your gym?
- Manicures and Pedicures: A divinista should never abandon her nails just because summer is over! You should take care of your fingers and toes no matter what time of year it is. Try metallic jewel tones or a smokey teal to stay on trend. Keep colour on your toes through the fall – you can still wear open-toed shoes. Get a pedicure with no polish in the winter to cut down on yellowing and drying and to make sure your toes are ready for next summer.
- Wear Bronzer: You can wear bronzer year-round, but many people only wear it through the summer months when they already have colour. Bronzer helps liven up a sallow complexion in the winter but you should change how you apply it. Use enough so that you do not look washed out, but not so much that you look overly tan. A lighter shade that is not too shimmery is your best bet to look healthy, and natural.
- Exfoliate, Exfoliate, Exfoliate: Did we mention exfoliate? People make this part of their routine in the summer and then abandon it in the winter when your skin is at its driest. Your legs are crying for a good scrub in the winter to remove dead skin and help your moisturizer work better.
- Remove Unwanted Hair: Admit it ladies, the second you can wear pants or dark tights, hair removal falls by the wayside. Hair removal should continue to be part of your beauty routine. We love Philips Satinelle Advanced Wet & Dry Epilator – it is the best at removing unwanted hair on your legs, body and face. It can be used wet or dry, its Opti-light helps you find the trickiest hair, and it even has an attachment to help exfoliate your body (in case you forgot our tip to exfoliate). All this and more in one handy tool.
What beauty routines do you abandon in colder weather? Enquiring minds want to know!